WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) – After an investigation into an alleged sexual assault of two women by four Purdue football players, three of them have now been expelled from the University.
As News 18 previously reported, the investigation conducted by Purdue’s Administrative Board looked into the incident that allegedly took place in October 2016. Two female students claim they were sexually assaulted by the players at an off-campus home.
A law firm acquired by one of the victims, Massillamany & Jeter LLP, requested in November 2016 that the players involved be expelled from the University.
According to the firm, three of those four players accused in the case have been expelled – prohibiting them from attending classes and playing on the football team.
The mother of the victim thanked Purdue for allowing her family to receive “the closure” they needed “to begin the healing process.”
Attorney Mario Massillamany said he and his clients appreciate Purdue’s careful review of the facts in the case.
“And circumstances surrounding this unfortunate incident, which led to the expulsion of these three players,” Massillamany said. “Purdue has taken the necessary steps to ensure that these players will not victimize another student, for which we are grateful.”
In a statement to News 18 Friday, Purdue said, in part:
“Federal law prohibits the university from releasing specific information regarding disciplinary sanctions against a student, however, we reiterate that Purdue takes any report of sexual assault seriously.”